Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Some advice

... Never let it be said I'm not always thinking of my readers.


I share my stupidity and pain so that you aren't at the risk of suffering from either.



ALWAYS open your eyes and read the labels of everything on your bedside table. That way you won't burn the skin of your mouth off with muscle-softening Tiger Balm instead of soothing mint lip balm.

Having never owned lips that look fleshy or collagen-enhanced or costing me a fortune in cosmetics, it's surprising how much a knife-slash-in-butter-smile can STING when ancient Chinese medicinals are applied.

8 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Ouch. And I had thought that using shaving cream instead of toothpaste was unpleasant.
Did the Tiger Balm produce the fashionably swollen look? All that discomfort has to be good for something.

River said...

oh ouch!!
You really did this?
You really did...
Quick, wash it off before LC decides to kiss it better!
Maybe you should keep the Tiger Balm in the bathroom cabinet.

Red Nomad OZ said...

Or maybe leave it ON so LC can share the pain when he kisses it better. I know. I'm evil.

But this is nothing - my niece once squeezed superglue into a sore eye in the middle of the night instead of eyedrops ...

Pandora Behr said...

As somebody who's recently tried to brush her teeth with DeepHeat, I feel your pain...

drb said...

I am with EC, did you get Angelina J's lips?

My dad once mistook Bygone as his anti-perspirant..

Kladyelf said...

That sort of happened to me once... I was staying at a hotel, left my toothpaste and some bepanthen on the vanity sink. Complete with, get this, a mental caution to either move them or not mix them up. And I *Still* put bepanthen on my toothbrush!
only a little mind you and i stopped myself before putting it in my mouth, but still... *facepalm*

Kath Lockett said...

Mr Migraine paid me a visit ALL DAMN DAY yesterday, so the pleasant mix up of balms seems like a gentle kiss from a butterfly in comparison.

No lips ala Ms Jolie, unfortunately. Just a mad dash into the bathroom for some frantic wiping off and then a stinging sensation for a few hours afterwards.

Romana said...

oh wow, definately beats my recent mix-up of deodourant and dry shampoo (you know, the spray kind). A very generous dose of Rexona later, my hair smelt like it was going to be taking on the Olympics and had a nice white coating.