Monday, December 26, 2011

Apres ski

By the time that this particular blog article is published, we'll be on our way home from spending Christmas in a ski resort at Wengen. Three hours on the train in a two-sides-of-a-triangle journey enjoying some splendid scenery and (hopefully) scanning through some terrific photos to post here soon.


Due to writing this in advance, I can only hope that the snow equipment we're given to learn on and use is slightly more up to date and comfortable than this:



That I won't feature as a 'Another Successful Rescue' on the list in this museum:



Or be accidentally clunked in the head by ski poles or clipped on the heel by crampons or any other alpinistic gear:



....and that the only lying down I do is entirely voluntary and for reasons of rest, like Milly here, and NOT thanks to broken limbs and traction!



5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

I am really looking forward to reading about your trip. And hopefully itemising those potential horrors is a touch woody way of ensuring that none of them happen.

River said...

I am also looking forward to reading about your ski adventures.
I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday.

Ann ODyne said...

oh the Saint Bernard Chien Museum !!

That's going on my list with the CoonDog Cemetery in Alabama.
x x

Kath Lockett said...

I was pretty lucky actually, E-Child. Sore and humiliated yes, but still in one piece and willing to go skiing again.

Had a great time, River. It's a bloody expensive 'sport' though and we definitely felt like poor gawkers sometimes. Perhaps it's time to buy a 'Bonne Chance' scratchie after all?

Ann, I know....:) Coondog cemetery - let's go together!

Kath Lockett said...

Ms O'Dyne - just found me some coon hounds - http://dogs.icanhascheezburger.com/tag/redbone-coonhound/