Sunday, December 27, 2009

Doggy December - Day 28 - Always well dressed
















As this is my twenty eighth post relating to dogs, you've pretty much got the idea that there's so much about their wonderful breed that I deeply envy. Today isn't going to be any different.

One of the things I really love about dogs - apart from the fact that they're the purest forms of love I've ever encountered and are always happy to see you - is that the outfit they're given always looks good.

It takes them stylishly, appropriately and successfully from morning until night for every occasion without a snigger or the shame of not being the right fit, colour, style or 'look'.

Even with millions of dollars and stylists at our disposal, we humans don't get it right.














We insist on creating outfits that are unflattering




















Laughably impractical














Hilariously insane




















... and often tragic.




















Dogs become very unhappy when forced to wear anything more demanding than an ID collar, and who can blame them?















Any time we do dress them up it's just for our own amusement and laughter.


















And they know it and hate us for it.




















Dogs are lucky to be given an outfit that's washable, attractive, able to acclimatise to a wide range of temperatures, is soft and tactile and available in an array of beautiful colours that fully accentuate their trusting eyes, wet noses and able bodies.

The closest we've come up with is identical space suits in Sci-Fi movies. We have a lot to learn.


6 comments:

Baino said...

Hilarious as usual and absolutely true plus dogs don't mind if they get duck or possum poo behind the ears and feel no urge to strip and put on a new outfit. Can you imagine the farty noises Lady Gaga's dress must have made?

River said...

Back in the good old days, we humans had similar "clothes". Well, fur coats anyway. Or were they hair coats? And we weren't known as humans either....

Rowe said...

Are you telling me you don't buy diamante encrusted coats or other embellishments for your pooch to wear when collecting your child from school each afternoon? Oh hail Kath, thank god for that!

Louise Bowers said...

I've never understood why people want to dress up animals...or celebrities for that matter?

Plastic Mancunian said...

G'Day Kath,

I've often wondered why insane people dress up their dogs.

If I were the poor mutt I would wait until they weren't looking and then sink my teeth as far as I could into their arse and not let go.

:0)

Cheers

PM

Kath Lockett said...

Farty noises in Lady GaGa's outfits - you know Baino, as a keen farter myself, I'm ashamed to say that I'd never even thought of it!

River, I suspect that a hairy human ain't anywhere near as beautiful as a hairy dog....

Rest assured Rowe, Milly has a collar and maybe some necklaces if Sapphire's in a creative mood.

Lorna, as much as I don't want to go down the spacesuit territory beloved of SciFi movies, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be at the mercy of a Hollywood 'stylist' either.

Plastic Man, you are right. Or leave a turd in their slippers: whatever gives the dog the greatest satisfaction.