Sincerely hope you have a Superbly Sensational Silly Season
(if there are Aussies out there who remember the Leaf Plus advertisements starring Allan Seale, trying sssssaying the above title in hisssss rather loossssse denture voicccsssse)
Hi there regular reader (and Blurb From the Burbs virgins, straying in from cyberspace and blog point logging),
It's time for my yearly MEME thingy - All you have to do afterwards (if you have a blog, that is) - is cut and paste these into your blog post, email, whichever way you choose. The blue ones I've done, the red ones I haven't.
Don't send this back to me, but please give me a comment so that I'll be able to find yours at your blog) I think it's easy enough - If you have done it, put in bold and/or bright print. Enjoy. (P.S. I got this over at Jan's blog http://caffinnascreations.blogspot.com/ )
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive - and couldn't care less
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula - you'd have to pay me at least a million bucks to do that!
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone - um, I think we've had candles...
08. Said "I love you" and meant it
9. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped - dived in face first, baby
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game - two years of Wimbledon, and two years of the Adelaide Crows beating the Bulldogs in the preliminary finals ('97, '98)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa - been to Italy but it was the one place I didn't see!
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
18. Touched an iceberg - not a lot of these to be found in South Australia
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby's nappy
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon - had a trip booked with my buddy Jill, until we saw the huge disaster in central Oz that killed about 20 people, and she got to see the pictures due to working on the subsequent court case. Couldn't convince her to go with me!
22. Watched a meteor shower - I think - unless there were a heap of busy satellites in the sky that night
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - too many to count, especially if there were in the classroom or now, if I see someone trip over
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster
35. Hit a home run - yes, on a beach, believe it or not. As an uncoordinated gal, it was a supreme sporting moment that shocked everyone who witnessed it.
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - I make Elaine from Seinfeld look like Ginger Rogers
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day - at high-school we'd speak like Fat Albert all day ("Hiba Howba Areba Youba Toba Dayba?) and Sapphire and I often pretend we're speaking another language as we walk to school
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states - nup, not even one
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends - absolutely
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales - right in front of my brother's house
45. Stolen a sign (but it wasn't a street sign)
46. Backpacked in Europe
47. Taken a road-trip - essentially every single one of my childhood family holidays were roadtrips - the fight for back seat territory, sick cartons sloshing over, warm red cordial and yo-yo biscuits.....
48. Gone rock climbing and hated it - I am NOT a climber - flat surfaces and long distances yes, uphill NO
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving - head first too, I might add
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan - sigh, one day....
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero - does Wedgie Woman count?
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day - when Mr Migraine visits
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China - *sigh*, one day.....
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight - three hours of any LOTR movie is about all my concentration span and bladder can take
72. Gotten married - waaaay back in Feb 1995 to Love Chunks
73. Been in a movie - nah, just a couple of TV quiz shows and the clapper slapper for a mate's first short film
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days - you don't know me at all, do you?!
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest - 1979. First prize in a 'dress like 1879 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the bridge over the Murray River.' Held in my home town which is imaginatively called 'Murray Bridge'. The prize was a most disappointly large box of matches and glue with which to make really un-fun stuff like straw houses and picture frames.
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"- still waiting for that phone call from a channel asking for comment on Lindt, Dove, Cadburys, Haighs, Nestle
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark - it's what our local fish and chip shops call 'butter fish' or 'flake'
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone - yes, if you count London in 1992 when a car bomb went off in my street
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country - this year I'm just glad to have learned how to ride a grown-up bicycle having last owned a kids' Malvern star in 1980!
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery - no, but should
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication - no, but would love to
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart
111. Helped an animal give birth - well, just myself and with the help of three shifts of midwives, the doctors who gave me three epidurals and of course the supportive Love Chunks
112. Won money on a T.V. game show - some very crappy prizes (spa bath for normal bath, cosmetics, mag wheels, cast iron cooking pots) won as a student that were then sold for money from 'Wheel of Fortune' and some even worse leather handbags and scarves from 'Sale of the Century'
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears - nah. Far too frightened of getting something snagged
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - does climbing Ayers Rock (the Aussie equivalent) count?
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat - too right. No fat, no cholesterol and even actually edible if marinated in red wine for a day
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about - I think so. I hope so.
130. Gone back to school - in 1993 at the 'mature student' age of 25. Grad Dip Ed - am a qualified high school teacher but would rather chew my own leg off than do that for a living.
132. Touched a cockroach - unavoidable if you've ever lived in Darwin
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey - big chunk of first year uni I'll never get back
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school, and read
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating - yes if you count fish
137. Skipped all your school reunions but have only been to one and that was eighteen years ago (shudder)
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office - does being an SRC rep in high school count?
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you (hand made cards, jewellery, tiny pictures)
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair
147. Been a DJ - ala Rob Gordon from 'High Fidelity' mix tapes at 21sts
148. Shaved your head - number four around the back and sides - very low maintenance
149. Caused a car accident - turned right without looking smacked and Dad's landcruiser into a white minivan. Lucky for me the owner wasn't fazed - it was one of many dents to add to his collection and I blamed my younger brother and his mate for making too much noise from the back seat that distracted me - whew
150. Saved someone's life - No, but as a First Aid officer, I've put a few broken collar bones into nervously-made slings though