Friday, December 12, 2008

If you're not doing anything of value today at 2pm, South Australian time.......
















....and you're suffering from that mid-afternoon, slightly sulky, 'We didn't have a Christmas lunch to go to today' slump and are feeling like a bit of something sweet to go with your staff kitchen International roast or lipton tea, then feel free to turn on your radio or visit
5AA to hear me chat with Amanda Blair and Monique Bowley about my most favourite food group - chocolate.

Or the narrower topic Christmas chocolate, if the planned discussions go according to plan, which they almost never do.

If you're feeling even more slumpish but still possess enough energy for evil-doing,
give me a call during the show to start up a debate about the relaunched Cadbury Old Gold Range, or why in gods' name we don't get Whittaker's 62% dark with Cocoa Nibs here in Australia and surely Wagon Wheels are smaller than they used to be? And other such thought-provoking and socially-essential questions that will only make the challenges of mankind much easier and lighter.

10 comments:

River said...

Gosh I wish I'd read this early enough to tune in. Alas, at 2pm, I was in Harris Scarfe, buying clothes. For me. For ME!! I rarely do this and was very thankful to have a lovely assistant help me out. But I digress, the subject here is chocolate and whether or not wagon wheels have shrunk in size. Yes. Yes they have. Even allowing for personal growth, remember how large a wagon wheel felt in your six year old hands? Obviously they would feel smaller in adult sized hands, but not this much smaller. Like everything else, they've been downsized to allow the company's profit margin to remain healthy.

Unknown said...

Hey there Kath. Wish I could have tuned in. Did it go well?
I was at work with Angus in tow today - on Monday he was banned from vacation care for the entire week, so after running out of babysitting ideas he had to come in with me! God I'm so glad this week is over, it's been incredibly stressful. Wish me luck that he doesn't get banned from vacation care again...
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Wagon wheels ARE smaller.

They used to be made by Westons, once as well.

Whatever happened to Westons?

Anonymous said...

We were discussing this very topic at work only the other day.
General consensus was: Yes they are definitely smaller, and the filling is much less luscious - much less marshmallow and the jam is so much thinner also!
They used to come in a hand-sized packet.

Baino said...

Where did you get that photo of my dog! I don't think I can get SA radio stations here! Wagon Wheels have certainly become smaller or is it that I've grown bigger! My chocolate pick for Chrissy, Lindt Dark Chocolate balls and Fererro Rocher selectin (white, milk and dark) for that extra bit of 'crunch'.
What a job! Haha . .your capture is butfist! (dunno why that's funny, just is!)

squib said...

I always remember at school that urban myth (at least I hope it was a myth) that a certain percentage of chocolate was cockroach

Not that it ever deterred me

Cinema Minima said...

Oooh a bit of surreptitious talkback, getting blog buddies to serve up a few Dorothy Dixers on the wireless. I'm on to you, Dr. Evil. Hope it went well.

But I would like to hear your thoughts on the the much maligned 80's stalwart, The Chokito, o' Grandmaster of Cocoa.

tomshideaway said...

Did you touch on the revolutionary new Chocolate Diet ??

Kath Lockett said...

I think the segment went OK - it all becomes a blur for me, I get nervous, become overly chatty and cheeky and then it's all over. Kind of like sex really.

cinabar said...

You are right Wagon Wheels do seem smaller!!!